CDL Traffic Ticket Defense Attorney
If you maintain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), then your ability to earn a living is tied to your ability to drive commercially. Speeding tickets or other traffic violations can jeopardize the status of your CDL and your livelihood. If you operate a commercial vehicle, and even if you were operating your private vehicle at the time you received a traffic ticket, then it is crucial that you take any traffic citations very seriously.
The Illinois Secretary of State may disqualify a motorist’s commercial driver’s license if a motorist is convicted of “serious violations.” Even if the Court sentences a motorist holding a CDL to Court Supervision for a “serious violation,” your Court Purposes Driver’s Abstract will reflect “Court Supervision-Conviction.” A partial list of “Serious violations” includes:
- Receiving a speeding ticket where one is traveling 15 miles per hour or more over the legal limit
- Reckless Driving
- Disregarding Lane Control Signal
- Speeding Too Fast for Conditions or Failure to Reduce Speed to Avoid an Accident
- Exceeding the Maximum Speed Limit in a School Zone
- Exceeding the Maximum Speed Limit Through a Highway Construction or Maintenance Zone
- Failure to Drive on Right Side of Roadway
- Improper Passing on Left
- Failure to Yield Right-of-Way to Vehicle Passing on the Left
- Improper Passing on the Right
- Driving on Left Side of Roadway Where Prohibited
- Driving on Left Side of Roadway in a No-Passing Zone
- Driving Wrong Way on One-Way Street or Highway or Around Traffic Island
- Improper Traffic Lane Usage
- Improper Center Lane Usage
- Passing on Shoulder While Merging into Traffic
- Following Too Closely
- Passing School Bus Receiving or Discharging Children
CDL holders should immediately contact an Attorney after receiving a ticket for any traffic offense. If a driver makes the mistake of simply paying the fine after receiving a citation, then the Court Clerk may enter a conviction against the CDL driver. A lawyer can represent you in obtaining a better resolution.
The Attorneys at Franks and Rechenberg, P.C. work to achieve the best result possible on your behalf. We will strive to achieve a resolution which reduces the impact of a traffic infraction on your career.
If you have a CDL and received a traffic ticket in McHenry or DeKalb Counties, do not simply pay the ticket and hope for the best. Call the Attorneys at Franks and Rechenberg, P.C. at 847.854.7700 and protect your livelihood.
The CDL Traffic Ticket Attorneys at Franks and Rechenberg, P.C. practice in McHenry and DeKalb Counties, including the cities of Algonquin, Barrington Hills, Bull Valley, Crystal Lake, Fox River Grove, Hebron, Huntley, Johnsburg, Lake in the Hills, Lakemoor, Marengo, McHenry, Port Barrington, Richmond, Sycamore, Wonder Lake, Woodstock, and all surrounding communities.